Tuesday, November 8, 2011
A friend recently asked me to bake for her Halloween Party and her son's birthday too. She wanted a mix of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes. In making chocolate cupcakes, I do not have a problem at all as the recipe I usually use is reliable but when it comes to Vanilla cupcakes.........sigh sometimes ok and most of the time K O. Have been searching for a reliable recipe for ages until I found one from glorioustreats.blogspot.com. Thank you Gloria.
Here's the recipe
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Beat eggs for 10-20 seconds and add sugar. Continue to beat till well incorporated.
4. Add vanilla essence and oil and continute to beat.
5. Add flour and buttermilk alternately.
6. Fill liners 2/3 full. (But I only fill my liners 1/2 full)
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of your liner.
Cool completely before frosting them with buttercream icing.
Indeed, we all had a good time at the Halloween Party and the kids was a bit reluctant to leave when its time to say bye-bye. Trick or Treat!!