400 gm bread flour
2 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
250 ml warm water
1/4 cup some finely chopped fresh herbs
coarse sea salt or italian herbs for sprinkling
1. In a bowl, add half of the bread flour, add yeast, sugar and olive oil. Pour the warm water onto yeast and quickly stir until you see the gluten forming.
2. Add the other half of the bread flour and salt and mix drawing in all the flour. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it become a soft dough not sticky.
3. Lightly knead in the herbs and shape the dough into a ball. Put it in the bowl that was lightly coated with oil. Cover the bowl and leave the dough to rise until the dough doubles in volume.
4. Once the dough has risen, punch the dough and knead lightly. Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for further 10 minutes.
5. Shape the dough and put in a loaf pan which has been lightly coated with oil. Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt or italian mix herbs.
6. Cooked in a preheated oven 230C for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool the loaf on a wire rack.