Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Say cheese to Cheese Bun. My baby really loved it and that was the pushing factor for me to learn how to make this bread. It is surprisingly easy to make and yummy too!! Cheers all and happy baking.
400 gm tapioca flour
1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
50 gm butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Mix milk, salt, vegetable oil and butter in a pot and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 of flour into the milk and butter mixture.
4. Stir in the egg and grated parmesan cheese and mix well.
5. Add the balance of the flour and mix well. It will become a sticky soft dough.
6. With floured hands roll dough into a small ball and place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Serve it warm.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Salam & selamat pagi semua.
Hari ni pagi2 I dah mengadap pc nak tampal resipi ni. Sebelum saya terlupa dan lebih tak sempat dari sempat...baik kita hupload itu resipi. Cookie ni ala2 Mrs Fields gitu. Baik buat sendiri kan dapat banyak kalu beli kat Mrs Fields tu...dapat ciput je kan. Selamat mencuba ye.
150 gm unsalted butter
100 gm soft light brown sugar
100 gm caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs (fridge-cold)
300 gm flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
325 gm choc chips
1. Melt the butter and set aside. Combine brown sugar and caster sugar and pour the melted butter and beat together.
2. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until light and creamy. Add the essence vanilla and mix well.
3. Sieve together flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add the choc chips into the flour and mix well.
4. Fold in flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix well until fully incorporated.
5. Scoop the cookie dough into ice cream scoop and drop onto the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven 170C. Cool on the baking sheet for few minutes before transferring to wire racks.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
I love browsing thru cook books and food magazines, just going through them keeps me happy and so energised. Of course, the downfall for me will be this itchy feelings of wanting to try making them. I found this scrumptious triple layer cake from one of the magazines I bought recently. Going thru the list of ingredients .... hmmmmmmm it looks so tempting and I wonder how it will turn out. Decided to give it a go and after sharing the final cake with some friends, the verdict received was a SUCCESS!! Specially for Shidah and to all my beloved family and friends, here's the recipe:-
For the Cake
150 ml vegetable oil
300 gm self raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
300 gm caster sugar
2 egg whites
2 medium size over-ripe bananas, mashed
140 gm carrots, grated
400 gm can of crushed pineapple, drain in a sieve and reserve the juice
1/2 cup of pineapple juice
100 ml fresh milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the Icing
200 gm philadelphia cream cheese (softened)
100 gm butter (softened)
100 gm icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the Drizzle
170 gm - 1 can of passion fruit pruit pulp in syrup
30 gm caster sugar
1. Heat oven to 180C. Oil and line the bases of 3 x 20 cm round baking tin with parchment paper.
2. Sieve together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add half of the sugar and oil and beat till combine. Add the 2 whole eggs one at a time and beat till well incorporated. Add crushed pineapple, grated carrot, mashed bananas, milk, pineapple juice, vanilla essence and mix well.
4. In another bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff and add the remaining sugar and beat till it forms stiff peak and shiny.
5. Add the flour mixture into the fruit mixture and mix well until smooth and lump free.
6. Fold in the egg white mixture into the cake batter until fully incorporated.
7. Divide the cake batter evenly between the tins and bake for 25 minutes until risen and a skewer comes out clean. Swap the position of the tins after 20 minutes and continue to bake further 5 minutes. Cool the cake completely before assembling it.
For the Drizzle
1. Pour the passion fruit pulp in a small pan and add sugar. Cook under medium heat until it bubbles and thicken.
For the Icing
1. Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the icing sugar and vanilla essence and beat till creamy and ready to spread.
Assembling the cake
1. Poke the cakes with skewer and drizzle some of the passion syrup. Spread the icing over the two cakes and sandwich them together. Add the top with the third cake and drizzle with the remaining passion syrup.
Happy Baking and hope you like the cake. Luv Nxx
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Good day all!
The weather has not been kind past couple weeks, so foggy and wet where I am staying but that shouldn't be a lame excuse for me to bundled myself in the warm blanket. Having growing up children, u r on your toes all the time and I believe that's what keeping me busy.
This dish was a hit with my children and so happy to see them ate all. As promised, here's the recipe my friends.
Cheesy Rigatoni Casserole
300gm uncooked rigatoni pasta
350 gm minced meat
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
1 cup mushroom pieces and stems
1 bottle (400 gm) of tomato pasta sauce (any flavour but I used tomato basil pasta sauce)
2 garlic - minced
1 big onion - cut into cubes or slice whichever easier
250 gm shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoon olive oil
salt and ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 170C. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2. In a pan, heat oil and fry the garlic and onions till soft and add the mince meat , fry until the meat is brown and the juice evaporates. Add ground black pepper.
3. Add the tomato sauce, cook for another 2 minutes and seasoned accordingly.
4. In a bowl, mixed together the meat sauce, rigatoni, sliced olive and mushroom until all combined.
5. Grease your casserole dish with olive oil and put the rigatoni mixture in it. Spread with cheese.
6. Cover and bake about 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake further 5 minutes until cheese is melted.