Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cheesy Rigatoni Casserole


Good day all!
The weather has not been kind past couple weeks, so foggy and wet where I am staying but that shouldn't be a lame excuse for me to bundled myself in the warm blanket. Having growing up children, u r on your toes all the time and I believe that's what keeping me busy.

This dish was a hit with my children and so happy to see them ate all. As promised, here's the recipe my friends.


Cheesy Rigatoni Casserole

Ingredients
300gm uncooked rigatoni pasta
350 gm minced meat
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
1 cup mushroom pieces and stems
1 bottle (400 gm) of tomato pasta sauce (any flavour but I used tomato basil pasta sauce)
2 garlic - minced
1 big onion - cut into cubes or slice whichever easier
250 gm shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoon olive oil
salt and ground black pepper

Method:
1. Heat oven to 170C. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2. In a pan, heat oil and fry the garlic and onions till soft and add the mince meat , fry until the meat is brown and the juice evaporates. Add ground black pepper.
3. Add the tomato sauce, cook for another 2 minutes and seasoned accordingly.
4. In a bowl, mixed together the meat sauce, rigatoni, sliced olive and mushroom until all combined.
5. Grease your casserole dish with olive oil and put the rigatoni mixture in it. Spread with cheese.
6. Cover and bake about 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake further 5 minutes until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment