Friday, February 3, 2012

Heavenly Carrot Cake


Assalamualaikum my dear readers

This is my first entry for 2012 and my apology for not updating this page for awhile. Its better late than never, here's wishing everyone a wonderful 2012 and may this Dragon year brings great joy and happiness for all.

I would like to share with you another recipe for Carrot Cake made by my lovely friend Ana aka Chief of Crumbs. It was my other half's birthday last December but due to some health reasons, I wasnt able to bake a cake for him. Not wanting to not having a cake for his birthday, I S.O.S my friend and ask her to make one for us. Kesian dia, dalam kelam kabut and just got back from her travel, berpeluh2 dia siap kan kek yang cantik ni for me. For your info, I have also tried baking this cake recently and brought it to a friend's house to celebrate Chinese New Year. Trust me, you will definitely enjoy this heavenly carrot cake. After one bite, you will surely want more!! To my lovely Ana...thanks again and God Bless You Always, Amin.


Here's the recipe

Ingredients
(A)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp nutmeg powder - optional (the original recipe from my friend doesnt have this, but I like it in my cake so I put them in)
340 gm shredded carrot

(B)
4 eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup corn oil
1 1/2 cups can pineapple - coarsely mince the fruit and drain
1/2 cup syrup from the can pineapple
3/4 cups walnut - roasted and chopped (optional)
1/2 cup raisins - (optional)
1/4 tsp salt

Method:-
1. Grease and line 2, 8″ round or square baking pans.
2. Heat oven to 180C.
3. Mix ingredients (A) in a bowl and set aside.
4. Whisk together both sugar and eggs till just combined.
5. Add in the rest of the ingredients (B).
6. Add the mix ingredients (A) and mix everything till well incorporated.
7. Pour the mixture into prepared baking pans by dividing equally.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or till done.
9. Cool the cake completely and spread cream cheese icing on the cake and sandwich them. Cover the cake with the rest of the cream cheese icing and voila you DID it!!

For Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients
250 gm philadelphia cream cheese (at room temperature)
100 gm butter (at room temperature)
1 1/3 cup icing sugar
a pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat till creamy and smooth.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering if you really mean 1 tbsp baking powder or is that a typo? Thanks, I love your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faith, it is 1 tbsp baking powder. Happy trying!! Cheers :))

    ReplyDelete