Sunday, December 4, 2011

Butter Cake




I had this recipe for a while courtesy from one of the Chefs who happens to be one of the instructor during one of my Cake Deco course, 2 years ago. Recently, I had to bake for my friend son's birthday and she has always loved vanilla and butter cakes. I decided to use this recipe which I have adjusted some of the ingredients. I do not like a cake too sweet and can you imagine a sweet cake with buttercream frosting, it will make my sugar level sky rocketing....LOL!!
Anyway the full recipe is good for a 10 inch cake pan but when I bake this cake, I actually use a 6 inch round cake pan and 8 inch square pan.

Well, I like plain butter cake to go with my tea, a wonderful treat for a perfect afternoon. Happy Baking all and here's the recipe:-



Ingredients:-
400 gm butter
350 gm caster sugar
7 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
400 gm self raising flour
200 gm fresh milk

Method:-
1. Grease and line with baking paper a 10 inch baking pan.
1. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add egg one at a time and beat till fully incorporated.
3. Add essence vanilla and mix well.
4. Fold in the sifted flour and milk alternately.
5. Pour batter in a cake pan and bake in a preheated oven 180C for 50 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.


Note: to make Self Raising Flour, simply combine 1kg of plain flour and tbsp baking powder - sieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment