Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Humidity in Hong Kong

Ever since I arrived this vibrant city with 7 million population, the most notable differences here is the humidity. Nothing ever gets dry when they’re hung on a line. Even though it’s 22°C outside, it feels more like 15°C because it’s so damp. Humidity is something that Hong Kong is known for as it is surrounded by water and filled with tall buildings. It makes me wonder how people deal with mold in their houses. Its wet everywhere. Been home most of the time and yet feel so sticky...cant imagine if I were to be out on a hot day. Not even 3 months staying here the wall in my bedroom is already moldy.....??? Of course, the solution is to get a dehumidifier to help absorb the water and thus help guard your precious things in the house...otherwise not only the books will get wrinkly...my skin will need a lot of La Mer cream to prevent from wrinkling too....lols!! The weather is so bad so much so dehumidifier is currently out of stock. The shop assistant ask me to come back at the end of this month when their new stock arrive.

This is really classic and just cant help but to share this with you guys. One day somebody almost slipped at the corridor of my house as the floor was really wet and slippery, to me it doesnt show a good sign. Having children it just creeps me out to see those bloody wet floor. Everyday I pray that everyone will be alright and had to exercise my vocal reminding the kids to be careful when walking. Since the wall is moldy too, I decided to call the maintenance guys for them to come have a look and at the same time hoping that they will rectify the problem. Ding Dong.......

Mr H : Good morning Madam, I come to see the wall and to check about your complaint of the wet floor.....
Me: Oh thank you for coming Mr H, (took him to the room and showed him the wall - he took some pictures of the wall)
Mr H : Oh okay madam, I will show this picture to my office and we will get the contractor to come and clean the wall for you.
Me: Em Koi...let me know when you want to come and fix the wall and another thing Mr H. Can you see... the floor is very wet and it is so slippery. Maybe you all should put a dehumidifer here too. It is very dangerous la I think.
Mr H: Oh Okay Madam, I will report to my office and we will fix the problem. You dont worry la.
Me: haiya, haiya and thank you so much Mr H.

DENG...DENG....DENG........ few days later...........this is what I saw on the wall................just cant help but to laugh.
I saw the warning sign hanged up. I believe this will help make the floor dry...........

this is what I mean...the floor is really wet.

the next day, even the warning sign slipped off from the wall.........hahahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment