Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sugee Cake


This is one of my favorite cake. I was very lucky as my ex boss's wife used to make them for me as she knows I really love them. I used to order this cake from a lady in KL or buy them from a cake shop in Bangsar. Never once I tried baking them. I dont know where this recipe came from but I believe it must be from my ex boss's wife as it was written on a piece of paper and I had them for years.

Since I have to bake a cake for my finale lesson at Wilton, i thot of giving this one a try. The original recipe makes a bigger cake and since I dont have a big mould, I have to make a smaller one and halved off all the ingredients.

Ingredients:-

(A)
125 gm butter
130 gm suji (semolina)

(B)
125 gm butter
160 gm sugar

6 egg yolks
4 egg whites
40 gm castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
100 gm plain flour }
1 gm baking powder } sieve together
65 gm ground almonds }

Method:

1. Line a 8 inch round cake tin with greased baking paper.
2. Beat butter (A) till light and fluffy. Add the semolina and mix well. Leave the mixture to stand for 30 minutes or longer.
3. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Add yolk one at a time and mix well.
5. Add the essence vanilla and add the suji mixture and mix until everything combines.
6. Beat egg whites till foamy and add sugar. Beat till stiff.
7. Fold the egg white mixture to suji mixture.
8. Add the sieved flour, baking powder and ground almonds to the suji mixture. Fold gently until combine.
9. Bake in a preheated oven 170C and bake for 55 minutes.


The verdict from a friend and my better half..........lovely!! Happy trying and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment