Good morning everyone and since I havent been updating my blog for awhile, I hope it is still not too late to wish all Muslims, Eid Al Mubarak. Alhamdulillah, although away from home, we had a sweet and meaningful Raya with my family.
Recently I cooked this Mushroom Pasta for our family dinner and the children loves it. Its easy and simple to make and always a hit with my children.
Here's the recipe:-
4 turkey/chicken bacon slices (diced)
200 gm mushrooms (chopped)
350 gm pasta (of any shapes)
50 gm Parmesan cheese, grated
2 egg yolks
4 tbsp cream or evaporated milk
1 big onion (diced)
1 garlic (minced)
small bunch parsley, finely chopped
some basil leaves, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta following the pack instruction and drain and reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water. Set aside.
2. Fry the bacon and mushrooms till golden brown and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the cream, parmesan cheese, egg yolks, parsley and basil. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in pan and fry the garlic and onion till soft.
5. Add the pasta and mushroom mixture. Mix well and over low heat, add the sauce and balsamic vinegar. Season and quickly mix, add a little cooking water if its too thick.
6. Add some Parmesan cheese shavings and parsley before serving.
p/s If you like, you can also use some sausages to replace the turkey bacon or simply omit it for a Vegetarian Meal.