Monday, May 18, 2009

My Weekend

SATURDAY

Morning as usual,routine to send sunny boy for his aikido and with his hand wrapped up (thank god, he doesnt need the sling anymore) he went for his 5th kyu test. Usually I will just dropped him off but this time, I went in to see the instructor to explain about his hand and phewwwwwwww....they said its alrite, he can still do the test and yezzaaaaaaaaa our friend made it. He was so happy to tell me that he passed his test. Tak sia-sia mummy hantar every week. It has been 5 years since sunny boy started taking proper aikido lesson.

Later took my other half for his appointment around the corner and got home by noon. He wanted to check out a flea market but since he didnt know exactly where, too bad I just drove home.



I cooked tomato rice for lunch today, a treat for my boy who passed his aikido test. He likes it with fried chicken and lamb curry. Believe it...he had that for lunch, dinner and breakfast the next day. Sape-sape yang nak masuk meminang si bujang tu...make sure pandai masak nasi tomato ye...lol!!

Bubur chacha for baby's afternoon tea.

Since weather was a bit gloomy, wasnt in the mood to go anywhere and stayed home the whole evening.

Dinner for the nite. Pasta for the kids, and grill fish, stir fry asparagus and vegetable soup for my other half. Sorry no picture coz my camera ran out of battery.
Turn in quite early, immediately after AI finished showing.

*******************************************************************************

SUNDAY

I thought of sleeping in coz its a Sunday but I guess....(alamak dah meningkat tua gamaknya aku ni- tiba-tiba teringat the old folks saying that as you grow older usually you cant sleep for long....hua..hua..hua..)...automatic just before 5.00 am without alarm my eyes were wide open. Since I cant go back to sleep, I decided to start cleaning up my pantry (it has been a long overdue assignment), princess got up at 6 and she helped me clean up too. Well....anyone wants to do inspection...please feel free to drop by......hmmm so happy one job done. To my adinda here...my supermarket is now open...hahahaha. Of course after cleaning you will discover this and that and yes...found some paste to make mee rebus. Jangan main-main in Nippon Land we had mee rebus for breakfast.

We had late lunch at 4.30 only (panggil apa tu..lunchtea ke sebab kalu breakfast lambat panggil brunch kan) kita makan nasi berlaukkan sambal udang/sotong, ikan goreng dengan sup sayur kobis cina campur lobak merah letak suun.

Then, we went to Shin-Okubo as I need to get my supplies of rice and halal meat. Not that I cant get it around my house but if I take the trouble of travelling to this place which is not far actually, its about 6.6 km from where I live and it takes about 30-40 minutes ride (depending on traffic, honestly taking train is faster than driving but I need to buy a lot so must take car) the price does make a difference. For eg. a bag of 5kg basmati rice will cost Y4500 and the same bag of rice will only cost Y3500 at kedai Pak Haji Yusof, whereas 3 whole chicken will cost Y1100 at Pak Haji's shop and it will cost between Y600-700 one chicken at my place.




You see, one durian only cost Y2250 here and it cost Y4000 at my house.

This little town is also known as Korean Town and its less than a km north from the bustling Shinjuku Station. Shin-Okubo is always lively be it weekdays or weekend. A lot of foreign faces you'll see here and there are a number of halal store in this place. Name what you want...or from whatever country....almost certain you will be able to get it here. Not forgetting a number of language school available and this is where I took my first Japanese lesson. The Indonesian shop sells tempe and bakso too.

Suka Pak Haji tu agaknya sebab kita banyak beli barang hari ni sampai dia bagi baby free satu botol mango juice (yang from mekah tu tau) hmm sedap. Yelah dah sekali ke situ..beli la segala beras, ayam, daging, kambing, sosej, kicap, oyster sauce, cili padi, maggi indon for my PA, phone card....and beranika lain lagi lah. And deng..deng.... hari ni akak beli ubi kayu....bukan frozen punya tau....fresh lagi...tunggu ye...esok lusa membingkang ubi la saya...hehehehehe dah lama tak makan bingka ubi.

The nite before, Princess said she wants to bake on Sunday and she wanted to make a cake. Of course must give her encouragement and of course the baby will menyibuk too. She picked up Chocholate Fudge Cake from my recipe book.

Tengok baby tengah ayak tepung tu.....princess tengah grease the mould


Cake prepared by the girls

And for dinner, the kids had the leftover mee rebus from breakfast and my other half opted not to have any. Member diet..no lah...he was still full from the late lunch and he had been snacking too. Abih kena makan la kan kek yang puteri2 tu buat. To Toksu and Anty Makngah, Princess kata bila dia balik nanti dia buatkan untuk you all pulak okay.

3 comments:

  1. O.M.G!!!I think princess can bake cake better than me la NIta..:(
    sure diaorg dah xheran dgn aunty ana nya pasta,kan????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pasta anty ana tu one of their favorite jugak..kau jangan lupa sok buat tuk dorang bila aku balik. Pastu aku nak makan asam pedas tapi maid kau tu dah balik ah...susi dah terorist masak asam pedas lum??

    ReplyDelete
  3. asam pedas susi xsama..tapi dia pun pandai masak,
    jemputlah dtg kerumah..

    ReplyDelete