Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sayonara Dato' and Datin

Friday May 29th.

It was still raining when we left home (it didnt stop since yesterday). I kept on asking sunny boy he's sure there'll be soccer eventhough its pouring, he said 100% yes as they will be playing at the gym if it rains. But my instinct is always right and true enough as the girls were having breakfast in the car, he rang asking me to pick him up from his school. Teacher no show.... wonder what happened?? Luckily both their school are very close by, so went to get him and we had a nice time enjoying the rain in the car. Pity the rest of the boys that were stucked in school.


From school, dropped by at a friend's place, she lend me her Kitchen Aid....hehehehe tq Tanggachi. Then, I went to the Embassy to get things that needed to be used for later's event. Traffic was horrendous...it took me 1 hour 10 minutes for a mere 5 km, usually its just 15-20 minutes drive. Obvious my timing went topsy-turvy...and got home almost noon. I thought I'm going to die standing coz time is running late...some kuih-kuih will have to come out from my kitchen for tonite's party. Alhamdulillah, with the help from my PA, we managed to do it.


Ta..da..left home at 5.15 pm with my goodies for Imperial Hotel. Told my other half that I will meet him at the hotel as he will join me from office. On the dot 6.30 pm, they announced the arrival of H E accompanied by his wife where's my partner...how come he's not here yet?? Anyway, he arrived 15 minutes later..ha tau malu pun sampai lambat.....

Back to H E, after 2 years and 9 months here, it is time to say goodbye. In total they have been in Japan for more than 7 years as this is their 2nd stint in Tokyo. A true diplomat for Malaysia, charming, sharp, warm and genuine both of them did an excellent job. Distinguish yet simple couple. I personally have learn a lot of things from Datin, a very simple and humble lady and doesnt mind parting with her knowledge and experiences. I'm sure to miss them. All the best to Dato and Datin in their next chapter of life.



We got home at 11.00 and feeling hungry. It was a buffet dinner yet there were not enough food. This is not the first time I'm experiencing food shortage in Imperial Hotel's buffet line. There were 2 other occassions too leaving me with hunger. I'm just wondering how does the hotel ration their food. Can you imagine you actually paid for your dinner and yet you dont have enough food to eat and I have to add this, service was poor too. The moment I realise that there's no more food coming out, I called my PA asking her to make some fried rice for us. Pity my other half only to eat so late and I just couldnt be bothered anymore.....lucky I had heavy lunch today. Dalam pada kelam kabut tu...boleh lagi lunch ngan kawan-kawan. N and S came and thanks for your tomyam and ikan goreng my fren. We had sambal udang, telur goreng kicap and sliced cucumber. Campur lauk kawan terus penuh meja akak...

Sekian, terimakasih.

2 comments:

  1. tq na....kau pecite ah...aku tengah nak submit proposal kat laki aku ni....nanti aku tipon kau eh....roger beb!!

    ReplyDelete